Survey and storm damage repairs
Huge Shiplift building in danger of closure due to storm damage. Requirement to be safe and fully operational at the earliest opportunity.
The Naval base at Faslane has a shiplift capability among the largest in the world. This is contained within the huge Shiplift Building designed for the purpose. The building recently sufferered storm damage during winter months leaving some areas exposed to the elements. TRAC were engaged to work alongside structural engineers to survey the extent of the damage while simultaneously recording condition of all elements of the building. The initial instruction to compile a report on the overall condition with a view to uncovering any weakness that may have allowed the damage to occur.
TRAC deployed an IRATA Qualified Rope Access team to complete works including:
- Assisting engineer with full building survey
- Installation of fall arrest nets directly below roof damage
- Install temporary fall arrest on roof
- Roof repairs
- Cladding sheet replacement
- Repairs to movement joints
- Application of protective and waterproof coatings
Works completed as programmed to the complete satisfaction of the client.