Annual Maintenance and Bridge Strengthening work
TRAC carry out urgent repairs and annual maintenance on Corrieshalloch Bridge near Ullapool. The Victorian bridge crosses Corrieshalloch gorge a spectacular deep gorge popular with tourists.
A recent Engineers survey had uncovered degradation in bridge deck connections that required urgent remedial action to ensure the bridge could remain open over the busy summer months.
TRAC were engaged at an early stage to assist with the design of temporary works that would ensure the integrity of the bridge until a more permanent solution could be developed.
The work involved:
- Immediate closure of bridge to exclude the public
- A survey to confirm all measurements
- Procure all metalwork items from design drawings
- Rope access installation of new steel supports to the underdesk
- General maintenance items to bridge abutments, cable stays, suspension towers and rock stabilisation
- Touch up of protective coatings
Works completed on time within budget and accident free. The bridge was re- opened to the public for the start of the tourist season.